Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possibly useful component search engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
I have an app on my phone which is pretty useful:

I just updated it today and found that some new additions have been included.
Within the app, there is now a component search engine, which seems to be pretty decent. It's apparently "Powered by SamacSys" and if you check that on the Googler, on a regular PC, it leads you to this page:
You don't have to fill in the complete part number, I just used 'pic12f6' in the example below and the screen grab shows the top section of the results list:
samacsys.png
Each search result shows a pic of your searched component, Cad model, 3D view, datasheet, description, manufacturer, and the option to check stock.

I have no affiliation with either of the above, just sharing what I am using.

Octopart is another valuable resource. It lists stock at the major suppliers, expanded recently to include LCSC (the Chinese equivalent of Digikey).

Thanks for the Octopart suggestion Visitor, another useful tool to add to the belt.

Regards.

It's nice to check stock and price before designing something. It's no fun when you design around the perfect part and then find out it's not available anywhere or is too expensive to use.

Octopart also has a good BOM (Bill Materials) tool to keep track of the parts you need for a project. It automatically calculates costs considering quantity discounts calculated on the number of units you want to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back