Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potato radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Hi guys,

Does anybody know what's the story of a Potato radio!??

Using the potato as a battery?

If this is what you're talking about, the energy isn't really coming from the potato but from the metal electrodes.

A seqrch for "potato battery" yields lots of hits. It's a short jump from there to a potato-powered radio.

A seqrch for "potato battery" yields lots of hits. It's a short jump from there to a potato-powered radio.

Well, my cousin wanted me to help him to build a potato radio as a school project. His teacher suggested him to make one and said him that a potato is one thing more than a battery! He told him that a potato is a capacitor, resistor and even a diode!
I do know what a potato Battery is. I remember that have seen a potato Defibrillator capacitor some where too.
But it seems the teacher wanted something more than a radio, powered by a potato. He wanted an edible radio!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back