Power controller for 180V dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

Hi and a happy new year.
I have a 180V 4hp dc motor which I want to operate trough a supply and control circuit (input voltage - 220vac).
could you guide me where I can find a circuit diagram to build such a controller?
Thanx.

Depending on your experience level, not likely a project that can be homebrewed safely. Likely requires specialized components not readily available to a hobbyist.

I say buy one.

I agree, buying is the safest and probably cheapest solution. I have used KBIC controllers for at least 10 years on a couple of DC motors. They are "open frame," so you need to build them into the machine or put in a box to be really safe. There is one on ebay that is the type that should work: **broken link removed**

I am not recommending that particular seller or device. I show it so you can see what the KBIC series looks like. The ceramic resistor on the left side must be changed to meet to suit the current motor, but there is not a lot to deciding what size to use. Check out KB Drives for more information.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…