Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on just a second, there's something wrong here.

I don't believe that a remote control will use this much power; are you sure you haven't mad a mistake?

Electronics4you said:
Yes, that's right, it's a shelf transformer, so I won't buy a 25.5Vrms (18V) transformer. I'm using it to power my motorcontrol for an electric car motor.
Sorry I misread motor control for remote control.

I believe I've answered your question in another thread.

Since you're using this as a supply for a motor controller, the voltage probably doesn't have to be tightly regulated. For that matter, it also probably can tolerate a lot of ripple.

Re-check the controller specs and see what the maximum and minimum input voltages really are. If it's a closed loop PWM, there might be a lot of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back