Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prawn Curry???!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

I've just tried the WORST type of curry you could ever think of. There's a girl living across the road and she seem to have a bit of a soft spot for me because she keeps making food and bringing some around for me to try. So far her track record with curry has been excellent, but tonight she came 'round with a PRAWN curry!!! That's right, curry with actual real prawns in it!

It's the most weird food combination I've ever tried. It's like a mixture of fish and curry sauce, really sickly.

Trouble is I'll have to think up a suitable excuse for when she next comes round now!

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
I've just tried the WORST type of curry you could ever think of. There's a girl living across the road and she seem to have a bit of a soft spot for me because she keeps making food and bringing some around for me to try. So far her track record with curry has been excellent, but tonight she came 'round with a PRAWN curry!!! That's right, curry with actual real prawns in it!

It's the most weird food combination I've ever tried. It's like a mixture of fish and curry sauce, really sickly.

I thought prawn curry was fairly normal?, I've certainly seen it on plenty of menus - however, as I don't like prawns I've never tried it.

Anyway, is she cute or what?.

Grow up and just be honest with her, Jesus Christ! You like most of what she offers, unrealistic to be expected to like everything. Lie about that kind of stuff after you get married...

Sounds good to me. I probably would have liked it before I turned vegetarian, and I'm pretty sure prawn curry's fairly common, as Nigel said. I'd imagine it's something along the lines of a shrimp jambalaya.

What is curry?
Are you mad, man?! Curry is one of the greatest, and most popular, culinary sensations on the planet. Beats out hamburgers in both ubiquity and flavour. But I've met people like you... some try curry for the first time and hate it, others can't believe they've been wasting their lives eating anything else. Any curry goes great with any beer (except maybe Guinness, which goes great by itself), and that's not a criticism on curry, it's just one of those magical combinations.

Anyway, is she cute or what?.
Nigel's right. If she's cute and she's making you food, you've got yourself a keeper. Also, don't you think Nigel should try to break his habit of using two types of punctuation to end his questions?.

Grow up and just be honest with her, Jesus Christ!
I disagree. Learning to like prawn curry is easier than finding another girlfriend who will voluntarily cook for you.

Last edited:
Prawn or even King Prawn curries are very popular. She must think a lot of you, as they are more expensive than other curries.

Find a delicate and gentle way to let her know what you like and dislike.

Obviously you don't have a taste for prawns and very likely you're not fond of seafoods.

Similarly not everyone likes curries which are the UKs No2 favourite dish*. Some love them and couldn't survive without them, others gag at the slightest whiff.

* (Chicken Tikka Masala. The UKs No1 dish is still "Fision Chips")

The Curry and Beer Match-Up (feel free to amend this list):
Chicken Curry + Labatt's Blue
Beef Curry + Budweiser
Seafood Curry + Corona (with lime)
Vegetable Curry + Ricard's Red or Sleeman's Cream Ale

Generally the more face-melting the curry, the lighter/bitier the beer.

Last edited:
Prawns !! Mjummmy !!

Curry great ! Try and enjoy.

Take her out for a date to the movies, who knows what may happen next.

Hank Fletcher said:
Beats out hamburgers in both ubiquity and flavour.

What about those of us that occasionally mix curry into our hamburgers?

More often, I mix up a spicy curry mayonaise sauce to put on my burgers.

I like prawns and I like mild curries. I've had a hot prawn curry before and it just tasted hot, so much so I couldn't even taste the prawns. I don't see the point in having hot curries especially with delicate flavoured ingrediants like prawns.

Having a women that fancied me and bringing me food brings back happy memories from when I worked at a supermarket. Sadly it wasn't ment to be, she had a boyfriend and a baby and I was only 18 so I wouldn't have even considered taking on that level of responsibility.

So prawn curry is a normal thing then eh? Strange. I'm a big fan of curry but I couldn't take more than one mouthful of that stuff - the curry/fish combination just did me in!

Unfortunately for me I don't fancy the girl, which is always the way. I couldn't have a well endowed blonde coming round with food could I, oh noooo! I'm not that lucky!

Brian

Take it from an old hand, me boy. Cookin' lasts.... 'ing don't.

She's not that unattractive is she?

Or do you just not get on with her that well?

Well mate 2 choices a well endowed blonde who needs a recipie to boil water or a bird that can cook a mean meal and is probably a down to earth gal, and rembember you dont look at the mantle piece when you stoak the fire do you???

ThermalRunaway said:
Unfortunately for me I don't fancy the girl, which is always the way. I couldn't have a well endowed blonde coming round with food could I, oh noooo! I'm not that lucky!

Brian

And you have better alternatives at the moment...... ?

:D

Can you visualize Marks256 showing up at her doorstep wearing his newly constructed computer suit? :eek: He'll probably have Task Manager monitoring the inetary of the evening's date!

Hank Fletcher said:
Nigel's right. If she's cute and she's making you food, you've got yourself a keeper.

Typical engineer...just a tad too practical. :D Don't worry, in a few years I'll be joining everyone else...officially.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Take her picture and post it on here! - she might get some offers?, certainly anyone who brings free food round has a good chance amongst the geeks!! :D

hehe well I'd be VERY happy for someone to take her off my hands!!! Although I will miss the cooking because I'm certainly no good at that. I'm way too logical with my cooking, I follow the ingredients on the back religiously - exact amount of this, exact amount of that, this goes in at this temperature for this time, and that goes in at this temperature for this time.

Somehow it never turns out right! My Mum on the other hand can throw things together with no regard for quantities, temperature or time and it comes out perfect.

I'll see if I can sneak a picture of her!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back