Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prawn Curry???!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your problem, often you need to adjust a recipe as intendants can vary. For example if you're making a cheese sauce and the recipe calls for salt, test it before adding it, some cheeses are more salty than others so you'll need to adjust the amount of salt accordingly. The same goes for spices in curries and fuit when you're making a desert, some spices are hotter than others so you need to adjust the quantities and some apples are sweeter than others so you'll need to adjust the sugar.

hehe well then that's the difference between a good cook and a bad one I guess! I can't account for all those variables, especially when it's not in the instructions!!

I think it's too much of the Electronics/Computer geek in me that prevents me from cooking. I can't consider variables which are not declared in the instructions ;)

Brian

You get a feel for the variables by knowing what foods taste well together and what seasonings make those foods taste like. I have more problems reverse engineering an electronic device than I do the latest piece of crap Olive Garden is pawning off as Italian cuisine.

Funny you should ask, I tried sneaking a couple of shots earlier. I have to be careful because if she sees me secretly taking pics of her, she'll REALLY think I fancy her and I can't be doing with that - she's hard enough work already!!!

So here she is guys, someone please please PLEASE come and take her off my hands. Her cooking is great, but don't try the prawn curry!!!

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Your links don't work, they just go through to myspace.com

You have to sign up first, relatively painless...

Doesn't look to bad, been with conciderably worse (occasionally). Her child? Guess she's shopping for a new daddy. Yeah, those are the roughest ones. I never really got past the initial 'interview' period. I can understand a woman needing to know if me and the kids are going to get along, but bugs me that I don't get much of a chance at first to see if me and mom are going to get along.

Anyway, she isn't scary looking, smiles for the camera (bet she knew), couldn't be all that bad.

HarveyH42 said:
You have to sign up first, relatively painless...

Doesn't look to bad, been with conciderably worse (occasionally). Her child? Guess she's shopping for a new daddy. Yeah, those are the roughest ones. I never really got past the initial 'interview' period. I can understand a woman needing to know if me and the kids are going to get along, but bugs me that I don't get much of a chance at first to see if me and mom are going to get along.

Anyway, she isn't scary looking, smiles for the camera (bet she knew), couldn't be all that bad.

No, she's looks quite presentable - no problem visually, but getting along on a personal level is a different matter. However, being a decent cook and bringing you food is a definite plus point! :D

I don't see as having a kid is a problem at all, I like kids, but it's certainly something you need to bear in mind!.

Nah, can't be bothered, could you please post it here.

For the love of everything decent in the world, please don't post her pics here. Whichever way things work out for the two (or each) of you, she at least deserves her dignitiy (as do you). All I'm saying is weigh up the possibility of you regretting posting the pics for a bunch of electronics geeks to oggle with the possibility of you gaining any benefit out of posting them in the first place. If you have no interest in someone, you can't string them along because you're afraid to face reality - likewise if you are interested in someone, by the way.

Last edited:
I didn't realise that you had to be registered with myspace in order to view other people's pictures on there. She doesn't have internet so there's no real harm in posting the pics here, and besides I do nothing at all to string her along; she's just very persistent!

I don't know what's up with the bikes on the roof, hehe!

Brian

Last edited:
She doesn't have internet so there's no real harm in posting the pics here

So all you have to do is ensure he/she does not have internet..in case the concerned person does not have access to the net you can take liberties.....Is that it ??

Bum - I signed up to Myspace to see the pictures and it won't let me now :(

Mind you - this thread was 3 months old when bumped ;)

Oh well

Hank Fletcher said:
Sounds good to me. I probably would have liked it before I turned vegetarian, and I'm pretty sure prawn curry's fairly common, as Nigel said. I'd imagine it's something along the lines of a shrimp jambalaya.

Are you mad, man?! Curry is one of the greatest, and most popular, culinary sensations on the planet. Beats out hamburgers in both ubiquity and flavour. But I've met people like you... some try curry for the first time and hate it, others can't believe they've been wasting their lives eating anything else. Any curry goes great with any beer (except maybe Guinness, which goes great by itself), and that's not a criticism on curry, it's just one of those magical combinations.

Nigel's right. If she's cute and she's making you food, you've got yourself a keeper. Also, don't you think Nigel should try to break his habit of using two types of punctuation to end his questions?.

I disagree. Learning to like prawn curry is easier than finding another girlfriend who will voluntarily cook for you.

?!?!? HAMBURGERS?!?!?!? I WILL GO RETARDED FOR A DAY FOR A HAMBURGER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back