Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kautilya

hi there.

i am working on an elevator model and i would like your sggestions on some points:

can i use a pressure sensor to detect the overload condition of the elevator? and if so, what sort of signals does it ususlly give? and can it be converted into digital bits to run a motor driver?

how does an elevator respond to its door status? i mean, what is the mechanism by which the elevator knows its doors are open and will not move till its doors close?

pls help me out with this.

thanks and regards

kautilya

Last edited:
Elevator overload is detected by overload-current taken by the motor.

The door open/closed is detected by a lever and micro switch.

Last edited:
hi there.

thanks for the reply. but could you please specify what kind of lever is used? and also what is the principle of operation of a microswitch.

regards

kautilya

The circuit is a current detector for the motor.

Look up the internet for the operation of a microswitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back