Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in getting signal from RF MODULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ron.
The 555 uses a HUGE 100uF timing capacitor so it turns on and off at a few Hz. The buzzer makes the tone.
But the metal detector transistor continuously oscillates and holds the 555 always turned off.

A metal detector is supposed to detect the frequency change when metal gets near the coil. This circuit does not detect a frequency change.
so what shud i do

Whether or not the posted circuit oscillates is critically dependent on the coil inductance, according to LTspice. So it can act as a metal detector if the trimmer is set such that the circuit is on the threshold of oscillation.

Whether or not the posted circuit oscillates is critically dependent on the coil inductance, according to LTspice. So it can act as a metal detector if the trimmer is set such that the circuit is on the threshold of oscillation.
the circuit works fine iwant to conect it with rf module. that i can get signal wireless like led glows on reciever side thats it but how shud i connect it with given circuit

I think the metal simply shorts the terminals on the coil.

Don't you think the coil has more inductance and a higher Q when it has a core made from nearby ferrous material? Then it is MORE likely to oscillate?
Oh, the circuit is a brass detector that reduces its inductance and Q? Then the oscillation stops?

iF i connect that pin 4 to my TE pin of encoder will it work????

I told you, pin 4 of the 555 is the RST. While pin 4 is held low the 555 will not oscillate. Look at the circuit and understand how it works. So you have a signal in the circuit to pin 4 of the 555 correct? When that signal is high metal is detected and when it is low there is no metal detected. So th signal to pin 4 of the 555 needs to be inverted, use a transistor like a 2N2222 or 2N3904 to drive the HT 12E pin 14.

Now on the HT12E pin 14 is the transmit enable pin. When pin 14 is low the /TE is enabled. Read the data sheet for the HT 12E and understand how it works.

You don't really need the HT 12E for this. You only want to light a single LED as I read it but your choice.

Ron

I think the metal simply shorts the terminals on the coil.

Don't you think the coil has more inductance and a higher Q when it has a core made from nearby ferrous material? Then it is MORE likely to oscillate?
Oh, the circuit is a brass detector that reduces its inductance and Q? Then the oscillation stops?
i dont know all about that becoz..i am not from electronic background....so i cant understand all that things...:(

I told you, pin 4 of the 555 is the RST. While pin 4 is held low the 555 will not oscillate. Look at the circuit and understand how it works. So you have a signal in the circuit to pin 4 of the 555 correct? When that signal is high metal is detected and when it is low there is no metal detected. So th signal to pin 4 of the 555 needs to be inverted, use a transistor like a 2N2222 or 2N3904 to drive the HT 12E pin 14.

Now on the HT12E pin 14 is the transmit enable pin. When pin 14 is low the /TE is enabled. Read the data sheet for the HT 12E and understand how it works.

You don't really need the HT 12E for this. You only want to light a single LED as I read it but your choice.

Ron
yes i want only one led to glow when metal detects(wireless)
i have both RF modules and HT12e,d encoder decoder...

MY friend told me about BC547 register and told to connect like this...
Take pin 3 from
metal detector, give to base of transistor with 10k resistor. emitter
is grounded. connect RF trasmitter pin to collector. then collector
is connected to 5v with a 10k resistor.
circuit image is down..
will this work????

Attachments

• iYMO8.png
    iYMO8.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
yes i want only one led to glow when metal detects(wireless)
i have both RF modules and HT12e,d encoder decoder...

MY friend told me about BC547 register and told to connect like this...
Take pin 3 from
metal detector, give to base of transistor with 10k resistor. emitter
is grounded. connect RF trasmitter pin to collector. then collector
is connected to 5v with a 10k resistor.
circuit image is down..
will this work????

Yes, that will work.When the base is low the out collector) is high. That is what you want to enable the encoder. You may need to reduce the base resistor but that is what you want.

Ron

I would start with 10K as shown and work down. Actually around 2.2 K or 3.3 K should work fine.

Ron

I would start with 10K as shown and work down. Actually around 2.2 K or 3.3 K should work fine.

Ron
both resister shud be 2.3 or 3.3k...?????
can u do me a favor plss..can explain in simple word what will happen when i will connect that circuit...how it works???? my metal detector works with 9v battery and encoder is working with 5v micocontroller power....

No Ron.
The 555 uses a HUGE 100uF timing capacitor so it turns on and off at a few Hz. The buzzer makes the tone.
But the metal detector transistor continuously oscillates and holds the 555 always turned off.

A metal detector is supposed to detect the frequency change when metal gets near the coil. This circuit does not detect a frequency change.

Just a moment here. I just saw AG's post which I missed earlier. Bad Ron, Bad, Bad Ron!

The 555 uses a HUGE 100uF timing capacitor so it turns on and off at a few Hz.

AG in his typical format is on target. Wish I had looked as close as AG did at the schematic. The schematic, as drawn, shows a 100 uF cap as mentioned and on the 555 pin 3 a Buzzer and not a Speaker. I need to give this much more thought.

You say the circuit works. What exactly does the circuit do when metal is present verse no metal. I am sorry I let myself get lost in this seeing what wasn't there.

Ron

No details are given about the circuit.
I betcha the coil only has only a few turns so its inductance is extremely low. It begins to have some inductance when some metal nearby becomes its core. Then the oscillator oscillates.

when metal present than it start beeping and when not then beeping sound goes offf....

OK and while that happens what happens at the 555 RST pin? Measure the voltage at the 555 RST pin with and without metal being present.

Ron

Just under the wire too! Glad it worked out for you.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back