Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in operating a power relay with the help of microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

devmania

Hi Everyone,

I am here with a problem and i hope some one will help me out with this. I want to operate a power relay with the help of a microcontroller , the rating of the relay is 415v 12A . I have attached some files regarding the details of the relay i am going to use. Please suggest me what to do ?

Regards
Dev

Attachments

• power relay.JPG
    power relay.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 255
  • power relay1.JPG
    power relay1.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 233
My aim is to operate a contactor using microcontroller. The contactor will be connected to a 3-ph induction motor. The contactor coil need 24vDc and can operate at 415v Ac . So i wanted to know which microcontroller should i use and what interface should i make between controller and contactor.

You need to determine the coil current - probably for the 24V coil. Then design a driver circuit for it. Any micro will work but all will need some kind of driver.

Thanks for the reply sir, You asked me about the current for the coil so it is 12A . Can you please clear me about the driver ? How should i design the driver?

You asked me about the current for the coil so it is 12A .
12 A seems high for the coil current. You need to measure the resistance of the coil and use Ohms law to determine the current it will draw at 24 VDC. Or just connect the coil to 24 VDC and measure the current. Then use a suitable transistor to drive the coil from the microcontroller output. Be aware you may need to keep all the microcontroller circuitry away from the 415 V. circuits or you may have problems with the microcontroller locking up or reseting when the motor starts.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Brevor. I will follow your words carefully. And please let me know some measure which i should take .
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back