Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with HV9910 led driver: pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminbehravan

hi
I want to design a constant current led driver with this detail by HV9910:
input voltage: 200-240 V AC ___50Hz
output voltage: 54-108 V DC ___300mA

but when i connect it to 220V this circuit not work just LEDs make a little blink and turn off.

please help me to design it.

thanks for your help:eek:

Attachments

• HV9910.exe
    381.5 KB · Views: 837
hi
I want to design a constant current led driver with this detail by HV9910:
input voltage: 200-240 V AC ___50Hz
output voltage: 54-108 V DC ___300mA

but when i connect it to 220V this circuit not work just LEDs make a little blink and turn off.

please help me to design it.

thanks for your help:eek:

Input voltage to the circuit needs to be DC, not AC.. If you want to drive it from AC source, you need to rectify and filter the AC to DC voltage.
What kind of FET you have?

The circuit is very simple. The most obvious problems will be due to incorrect wiring and defective or missing parts. Can you show a photo of your circuit? The diode connected to the mosfet and inductor should be fast.

My quess is that the circuit boosts the Vin above the maximum limit the IC can handle. I don't know why.. I can easily be wrong also. What is connected to the LED connection. How many LEDs?

Also, double check your connections.. for me the schematics are hard to read. First I thought that the FET is connected wrong, but the schematics were kind of "upside-down".

It could also be the current rating on the inductor. 12 Mh @ 300 ma is pretty big.

hi and thanks for reply
i have 24 LEDs that need 77V DC.
my self is a RFC, i will try it with other inductor tomorrow, and write result.

again thanks for your help.
cya ;)

You have no bulk capacitor; see section "Input Bulk Capacitor" in the datasheet for details.

My quess is that the circuit boosts the Vin above the maximum limit the IC can handle. I don't know why.. I can easily be wrong also.
That would only happen if the circuit was incorrectly wired, not as shown in the schematic.

HI.
for a sample i tested HV9910 in two circuit:
1: i tested HV9910 in 18VDC input for one led 1W, and that work Fine.
2: i tested HV9910 in 195V dc rectified for one LED 1W, but when i turn on circuit LED was light up a moment and then turn off forever ;) (crashed)
all component same as ideal CALCULATION, just Rsense different a few milli Ω with of ideal.:mad:
i used fast diode and high wattage inductor.
pls help me guys, thanks a lot:confused:

Have you added the input bulk capacitor?

forward voltage drop on a LED = 195 V :mad::mad::mad:
but i designed my circuit correctly

please help me, pls give me a sample circuit :(
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back