Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with MPLAB IDE (continuation of LVP thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unreasonable that you should be having this much trouble getting MPLAB to work with the MPASM suite.

Solve that problem instead of going off and finding other software.

You are going to want to use MPLAB because it has debugging via the simulator and ICD2.

It still isnt working after 5 more tries. this error pops up

Error 1904. Module c:\programfiles\microchip\MPLAB\IDE\Core\checksum.dll failed to register HERESULT 2147220473 Contact your support personnel

It would display this error for all of the programming languages, except for the complier for the PIC12/14/16/18 thing

any other alternitives that actually do somthing?

Make sure you're running SP2, and any other update from Microsoft. Are you the only user of the machine? If not you're probably not the power user.

whats SP2

I just sent a ticket/email thing to microchip for help.

the only tool language my MPLAB has is CSS C compiler (cssc.exe).
Could I use this?

Not unless your program is written in C. It sounds like you have installed a C compiler after MPLAB was installed and it has messed up the default tool suites. Uninstall the C compiler, then uninstall MPLAB (Yes I know; AGAIN!), reboot and reinstall MPLAB only. Then try it again. Put your *.asm file in a directory like this; C:\mplab\project1
Do NOT put it into MyDocuments because some systems with multi users create a VERY long path to MyDocuments even though it appears to be short in file explorer.

In the project wizard at step 2 the first dropdown menu called ACTIVE TOOLSUITE do you have MPASM Assembler selected ? If not you should.

uh, I dont even have it!

Please read rest of thread.

I diddnt install anything after MPLAB, and I have already tried this a total of 13 times.

If you read through the thread, that would hopefully explain everything.

I have read the entire thread but your discription of the problem and also your answers are very short and incomplete, also it seems that you are wandering between two different problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back