Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project, Need Help, Please Point Me In Right Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.MustangGT

i'm trying to figure out how to do this. Now i'll try my best to explain what my intentions are.

My design calls for a rotor or some device to move a bar 90 degrees.

simple but i'm not sure what i need to get or how i would wire it. It just simply needs to go from horizontal to vertical and stop.

I think i'd use a rotor or something but I don't know how i would get it to stop at 90 degrees without just having it hit a stop-er and then possibly burn out the motor.

Please help, I have almost NO idea what i need to make this happen so any advice at all. ANY ADVICE will help. Please point me in the right direction

How fast does the bar need to move?

How much torque does it require to move the bar?

Powered from what? AC, DC?

What triggers the motion? Push switch? Toggle switch? Timer?

Your budget?

It doesn't need to move very fast.
I'm not sure how much torque but enough to move a CB antena and some metal bracket.
I belive it's DC. not entirely sure, it's 12volts though. Its in my car.
What will trigger it is a toggle switch
my budget would be reasonable i guess. lol just don't point me in the direction that'll cost a ton of cash

To do this on a budget, I would start at the local auto junk yard. Modern cars are full of small 12V DC gear motors; think windshield wiper motor, mirror movers, window winders, door locks, seat movers, etc. Something like a seat actuator, or maybe the wiper motor might be a place to start.

You will need "limit switches" to stop the motor when it reaches the appropriate position. Figure what gear motor might work for you, and write back and we'll give a schematic that shows how to preselect the position, and have the motor stop automatically in the up or down position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back