Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protection Circuit while Converting Old Audio casettes CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

roltex_rohit123

Hi friends, My dad just gave me a bunch of casettes to convert them to CD's, and I have no idea how to do it. i googled and found that walkman output could be given to the line in of the laptop. the question arises, whether we should connect the lines directly or have some protection circuits to prevent damage to both laptop and casette player?

Last edited:
I've connected a radio's headphone outlet to my PC's line in many times before without any problems. There's no need for any protection cirucits, all you need is a cable with a headphone jack at either end. Connect the Walkman to the PC, turn the volume on low and slowly increase so the peak waveform is just below clipping. If you use a decent sound recording problem you should be easily be able to see clipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back