Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU Stabilasing using goldcaps???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAKAH

image.php?id=6612&type=D
Could i use 3 of these 5,5v 0,1f caps in series connected to my 12v digital power supply to stabilize the signal as good as buying more expensive 100000uF 16v Cap and and using that?
**broken link removed**
i have a 12v picoPSU power supply for my pc and the last one died quite quickly, i was thinking that it was of the unstable signal of the adapter so i should put a cap of big capacitance parallel to the 12v load to stabilize the signal..
and these little ones seem small and cheap comparing to a single 100000uF 16v cap.
thank you
R

That little capacitor was never built for high current applications. I don't know the part number so I don't have a data sheet.
I think you put this in a power supply and it will get hot and burn up.

If you put three 100k uf capacitors in series you get the equivalent of a 33,333 uf capacitor with three times the voltage rating and three times the ESR as well.

So no you don't gain anything. That and I see a 100K uf 16 volt electrolytic capacitor is around $9 at Digikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back