Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse on off, to change resistance in circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yipyap777

Hi, im a noob.. so here goes.
I going to put a reed switch near a bike wheel. A magnet on the spoke, as every time the wheel goes around it will make the switch turn on and off.
What I want is to make a circuit with Arduino board.
I want to change resistance in a circuit according to how fast the reed switch turns on and off.

Hope this makes sense..

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Last edited:
Don't use resistance. Use PWM to control the brightness.

Increase the duty cycle when the input pulse timing is shorter. Decrease it when they get longer.

Thanks, but I just used the light as an example. I not using it for a light, but i really do need to change the resistance. Like a variable trim pot.

I wish to change the pitch of audio with variable resistance - changed by the speed of the wheel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back