Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pushbutton circuit help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tron87

Been scratching my head trying to figure out how to put the following circuit idea into practice with no luck.Basically i got a push to make pushbutton now when its held in the pressed position i want it to activate a relay when its released like a dead mans switch in a train ?

Last edited:
This circuit may not be exactly what you want, but it may give you some inspiration.

Attachments

• Relay Flip Flop.gif
    Relay Flip Flop.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 175
use a normally closed push button to wire a relay. when its pushed the contacts are open, when it released the push button comes to normal position making the path for the relay.

Want it to do is:
To start turn the circuit on
1.button not pressed nothing happens
2.button pressed and held and in that position (nothing happens) until it is released like a dead mans switch

Any more ideas ?

Last edited:
The circuit that I posted at post #2 will do what you want.

Relay A operates when you the press the button.

Relay B operates when you release the button.

Now both relays are operated.

So relay B is the "dead man" function.

To release them, you simply have to press and release the button again.

Last edited:
you need only one relay, one push button and one reset button to do it.
see the attached diagram, hope you will understand it.

Attachments

• push button.JPG
    push button.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back