Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quesion about rerouting calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

atikot

hi, i'm working on some project and i need to reroute a calculator (i have casio fx-82ms and a chinese copy of it (which is really different from the inside)) i would like to connect the key's and display to my own micro-controller , the problem is the display , the connection has very small wiring so i can't connect it by hand and i can't develop a board with such small wiring for the screen, the screen size is 64x21 (couldn't find such screens on the net) is there a chance to find same screen but with more simple connection? is there any other way to bypass this problem?

can any one suggest a solution?
thanks.

There are plenty of LCD displays with more suitable connectors. Try Googling.

Alec

Try looking for Hitachi Line displays. They're only a 5-10 dollars contain two lines of text and are very easily interfaced to a micro controller using full sized headers.

i searched google, couldn't find the exact size. can you refer me to a site selling hitachi screens?

If you really must have that size display then whichever type you buy will probably have the very small pitch connectors which are causing you a problem. Bigger connectors imply bigger displays.

Alec

The Hitachi Hd44780 can be found in 8 characters x 1 rows, 16 x 2 and 20 x 4. You can find them on ebay very inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back