Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Momentary Switches ??? HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niklouks

Hi.

Could someone tell me if its possible to buy or make a switch that will momentarily MAKE a circuit no matter how long it is pressed.

Just as an example.
If made a circuit that would light an LED. I would want the LED to light up for only half a second by using this switch that would make the connection for only half a second then break the connection even though i still have my finger on the button/switch. :?

Thanks in advance. :D

Nik

Niklouks said:
Hi.

Could someone tell me if its possible to buy or make a switch that will momentarily MAKE a circuit no matter how long it is pressed.

Just as an example.
If made a circuit that would light an LED. I would want the LED to light up for only half a second by using this switch that would make the connection for only half a second then break the connection even though i still have my finger on the button/switch. :?

You need a monostable circuit, it's a common use for a 555 timer IC. You should find all you need at .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back