Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding Optics

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

Hello,

Is it possible to transffer Red ,green , blue pattern over an optical fiber.
like given in attached figure.
it may seem wierd to you, but prism is very big and heavy object. So it seems good idea to split the light first and use it somewhere else.

Hi,

Normal fibre optic wont hold the coherency of that pattern over the length, but there are optic cables that will do this. I think they are made up of a pack of tiny fibers that are arranged in a distinct pattern themselves so the pattern at one end appears at the other end. How good they are i dont know, but they are most likely used in those cable type inspection devices used for inspecting inside of small spaces where a normal camera can not go.
They might be a little expensive, i havent priced them. You'll probably also have to consider the resolution of the projected image.

i only want optical fiber of 1 meter length.
my primary concern here is band of rbg visible at other side so that i can select different frequencies from it

sorry about double post seems like no one answers in physics forum :)

Hi,

You mean the light will be mixed to form one color anyway? A regular fibre might work ok then. Get a piece and see if it acts like you want it too. If you want the light to come out the end as separate colors though that wont work without that special fiber cable.

no i want RGB pattern as seen by eyes to be transferred like image directly in optical fiber. that is why i am using focussing lens on both ends.
like it is done in endoscope, there is no mixing of colours in endoscope.

An endoscope cable is not a single fiber, but thousands of individual fibers bonded together in such a way that each individual fiber is in the same position in the array at each end. You basically need one fiber per pixel of the image.

Last edited:
An endoscope cable is not a single fiber, but thousands of individual fibers bonded together in such a way that each individual fiber is in the same position in the array at each end. You basically need one fiber per pixel of the image.
oh ! and i was thinking otherwise :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back