Question regarding transceivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen_kw

Hey,

Im trying to send data over transceivers. the ones im using are 2.4GHz transceivers. **broken link removed**. Im testing this thing in lab using a function generator to send data, but my function generator goes only up to 15 MHz. I did see the output from another transceiver when it was placed about 4 inches apart. But when i tried it a few feet apart, the transceiver wasnt receiving data from the other transceiver.

Does anyone know if the data has to be transmitted at 2.4 GHz??
and if so how can i achieve 2.4GHz.
PS: a 555 timer can generate a max of 1 MHz.

thanks

The actual data? 2.4GHZ!?!? Think of it this way, there are cordless phones that are 2.4GHZ, but the data (human voice) is way down around 20HZ-5KHZ (just a guess to give an example). In fact, you can transmit and receive voice with these modules.

I am not sure if it would actually transmit and/or receive 15MHZ. Try something more like 5KHZ.

What are you planning on transmitting and receiving? If its data, youll need something to decode it. If its audio, youll need an audio amplifier.

The simplest thing to do would be to monitor the signal out with an oscilloscope.

So you want it to transmit to the pc? you would have to write a software program for the computer and elec.

The radio chip does all the 2.4GHz stuff. You just send it digital serial data at a low speed (less than 1Mbps) and then the radio chip sends that data modulated at 2.4GHz. On the other side you just clock the received data out (again at less than 1Mbps). Look at the datasheet for more specifics on how to talk to the radio IC.

A microcontroller SPI port is the best way to send data to the Tranceiver module.

I'm using the same Traceivers. They didn't drop any packets (15 byte packets: 32 bit address and 16 bit CRC) when within ~10feet of each other.

We are only trying to send a square wave through one transiever and pick it up on the other, we just want to send a signal through that will set off a buzzer.

You need to send a configuration bitstream to the tranceiver before it will do what you want. You will need a microcontroller to do this. If you have to have a microcontroller on both sides anyway you might as well do standard digital communication.

we got the transceivers to work but the range is very small. the output is also distorted and vout is about 200mV Vpp even though the input is 3V Vpp.
i tried using an opamp and got the output to be quite high. but there is still the noise problem.

any suggestions?!?

How about reading all the previous relies?.

Or, how about reading the documentation for the device?.

A very quick glance at the sample code supplied gave me this "The 24G requires 500ns between Data Setup and Clk".

You need to supply it with correct digital data, probably from a microcontroller or similar, NOT just rubbish from a function generator!.

So read all the documentation, read the examples supplied, and feed it from something suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…