Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick question [next 30 minutes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

masfenix

hey guys brand new here, and hoping my stay will be a good one. I am loving this forum but i havnt had the chance to browse anything yet. I will soon though,

I have ONE quick question.

I have a 4.8 2500mAH battery. Its charged using my cordeless phone connecter. (i stripped the end off and just connected it directly). it seems to work.

i have another batter a smaller one, 3.6 600mah which im charging the same way.

both are nicd.

I wanna connect them in series to get maximam voltage. I need the answer in about 30 minutes, otherwise i'd have to go out and find a open electronics place to buy a proper battery.

thanks

Go and buy a proper battery. You can only put batteries of the the same type, age and mAh in series and expect it to work in the long term. You can use it for testing though; just don't let the small battery get discharged first and then reverse charged.

As I mentioned, as long as the 600mAh battery doesn't go flat. If it does, then it will be reverse charged by the 2500mAh battery and be damaged. How much current are you going to draw out of the battery for 2Hrs? Just make sure that it is less than the mAh of the battery. ( mAdraw * 2Hrs < 600mAh ) To be safer make it: mAdraw * 2Hrs < 400mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back