RC output circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanTech

Hi there

I would like to connect my serial port to a jr2610 RC remote, trainer input jack. The input requires 6.2V. I'm planning on using the DTR pin.

If I drop the serial port voltage to 6.2V, should I just place a resistor in series to the DTR pin of the serial port output or should I form a voltage divider network. If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance
JeanTech

There is so much variation in RS232 ports, that you will have to do it by trial and error. Some RS232 outputs swing from -15V to +15V, while others just swing from 0V to +3V.

typically, voltage dividers are required to drop the voltage level. Series resistors are not a good solution.

Last edited:
My serial port output 15V. How do I implement a voltage divider network to drop the volts to 6.2V?

Thanks in advance

My serial port output 15V. How do I implement a voltage divider network to drop the volts to 6.2V?

Thanks in advance

Does it put out -15V and +15V?

Do you want -6.2V and +6.2V ? OR do you want 0V and +6.2V?

What power supplies do you have access to?

Is one of the terminals of the power supply common to the RS232 Port ground?

Do you know what an Opto-isolator is?

Last edited:
Hi Mike

Yes my serial port outputs 15V and -15V. I would like 0 to 6.2V out. My rs232 has common gnd that I intend to use as ground for the other source, which is a jr2610 rc remote. I know what an opto-isolator is, but I've never used one yet.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Since it is ok to have the common ground, here is how I would do it:

Attachments

• Dr86.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…