Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA to Headphone Out circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I need to make a converter which will convert RCA out (L & R) to stereo headphone in.

Those are the specs

Line Out
=========
connectors = RCA unbalanced
output impedance = approx 400 ohms
max output level = 2dBV

Headphone
=========
Frequency response = 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Max. power handling = 100 mW
Impedance = 32 Ohm
Sensitivity = 105 dB @ 1 kHz

First you must select an amplifier IC that can drive an impedance as low as 32 ohms. Two are needed for stereo. Some manufacturers make stereo headphones amplifier ICs.
Then you must select how much bass boost you need and at what frequency is the peak.
Then select a bass boost circuit and make it feed the stereo amp.

Hi auduio thanks

I'm going to use LM386 circuit.I don't know how many bass I need,but I need lot of bass.

Can you adjust the below circuit to my specs.specially the impedance stuff

Thanks

Attachments

• Headphone amp.gif
    Headphone amp.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 145
The circuit you found will work well.
Impedances are never matched since a signal source is usually a low impedance and an amplifier has an input with a high impedance so that some signal does not get thrown away.

The circuit you found does not have bass boost. Bass boost is shown in the datasheet of the LM386 where the values of C2 and C6 are much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back