Re: Voltage Comporator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullie

Hi, im trying to build an eletronic system which autmatically detects a clooged heat exchanger. In order to do this i need to use two thermocouples which would measure the temperature, in tems of voltage, at teh intake and out take of teh heat exchange. I need some sort of voltage comparator which measures the difference in voltage between the two thermocoupples. Someone told me to use a voltage comparator circuit, but from what i see it is very limited to my use. Is there any type of circuit that can measure the difference between two voltages and give me a voltage that is proportional to this difference. I would greatly apprecaite anyones help in this matter as im am more oriened toward refrigeration.

Thanks
Kris

Unless you understand electronics, I recommend buying a temperature readout that can do what you need such as this **broken link removed** or **broken link removed** from Omega. They can display the temperature difference between two temperature sensor inputs and can sound an alarm when a limit is reached.

I've used some of this Omega stuff - works great and a great company.

What output are you looking for - binary as in clogged or not clogged? Digital or analog voltage proportional to temperature difference? You can use a comparator fine with a trimpot for calibration if you or another knowledgeable person can fiddle with it and recalibrate each time you replace the thermocouples but if you are looking for a more modular approach that is simple to operate you will be time and money ahead going with the Omega stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…