Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading back code from a PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

indecided

I'm wondering if there is any software capable of reading back code stored on a PIC? The PIC in question is a PIC12F635.

I know there use to be a program called TOPIC a long time ago used in conjunction with NOPIC to read back memory on PIC16F84/a's, but what about today?

there is a program called "PICAXE programing editior" and "PTC ProDESKTOP 8.0" i am not sure if these 2 programs will hav what u r after but they are very usefull and may be able to help. Has any1 else even heard of these? i would hav thought they were quite common, they r definately essential for some and helpful for others.

The two programs mentioned by "rancid rock" aren't of any relevence, but ANY programmer software that supports the required chip should be able to read the contents of the chip. This assumes it's NOT code protected, in which case you can't read it - and there's no honest reason to be wanting to!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back