Reading G-code into Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgoodnite

I am doing a project that involves reading G-code from CNC machine into a controller, anyone familiar how to read G-code??? It is a 3-axis motion control. But I have no idea about G-CODE cos it is a mechanical prob...Thx!

it is that I need to write a VB/VC program, let's say we have an interface, there is a button "browse", then a gcode file (.txt or .nc i think) is loaded into the controller, then I click "run", the controller will read the g-code file and move the motor according to what the g-code said.
eg. G00 G01 X0 Y0 Z10, my program should understand how to read G01 X0 Y0 Z10 and then to move the cutting plate (sorry it is a laser cutting system) from coordinate (0,0,0) to coordinate (0,0,10)
hope i illustrate it clear...really stuned by this project

Have you looked at this:

Arduino GCode Interpreter - RepRapWiki

That would at least, to some extent - give you guidance on what to do on the controller end; you would still need to write the interface between the VB program and the controller, of course (plus convert the code for the Arduino to whatever microcontroller you are using, if it isn't an ATMega)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…