Recommendations for a USB adapter / switch?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste.b

Due to the fact that my ageing laptop lacks high-tech hardware components I have been forced to make minor external upgrades in areas such as a wireless adapter for the internet, a bluetooth dongle, an external hard drive, a mouse and the usual printer / scanner / digital camera and iPod connections! All this, together with the fact that one of the two usb ports on my computer is knackered has meant I needed to buy a hub which would allow multiple devices to be connected through the one USB switch <- Almost identical to the one shown here.

Now, I bought it brand new and I am experiencing a problem never experienced until I plugged this in to my laptop. As soon as I have more than one application running (for example if I am browsing the web and I ask to burn a CD or play music) then my computer will just switch off. Before it does this I can hear the fan go crazy and it sounds like its overheating. Could it be this is caused by my USB adapter (and I only think this because I never had the problem before?!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…