Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

red and green bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

What are the red and green bars i see under peoples names in the forums? is it the amount of time of membership or helpfulness or number of posts posted or what?

Neil.

What are the red and green bars i see under peoples names in the forums? is it the amount of time of membership or helpfulness or number of posts posted or what?

Neil.

Hi Neil.

Those bars represent a member's reputation. A green bar is generally good, a red bar is bad. You start off with one green, and if you ask good questions or give good answers, a user might increase your reputation. You can go as high as 11 bars on this site, I believe.

A good question, so +1 to you :)

Best wishes,
Der Strom

Whoops, that's strange. I seem to be having trouble adding to your reputation....

I guess just take it as an I O U ;)

Regards

FYI, the reputation button is the little star in the bottom left of the post and the +1 is in the bottom right.

Mike.

Here have another. :p
Just don't make me regret having gave it to you in the future being that apparently we can only give a person one rating one time and there are no take backs. ;)

Personally I find the rating system rather pointless over all. I have seen members here who have had all red bars yet gave good advice all the time and others who have all green despite the fact that every time they post they make it clear that they couldn't find the positive end of a AA battery if you gave them two guesses.:(

Oh wow I must carry a bit of influence? I see I just bumped you up two more bars! :confused:

Last edited:
Here have another. :p
Just don't make me regret having gave it to you in the future being that apparently we can only give a person one rating one time and there are no take backs. ;)

Personally I find the rating system rather pointless over all. I have seen members here who have had all red bars yet gave good advice all the time and others who have all green despite the fact that every time they post they make it clear that they couldn't find the positive end of a AA battery if you gave them two guesses.:(

Oh wow I must carry a bit of influence? I see I just bumped you up two more bars! :confused:

Hahaha, just noticed that :D The more bars you have, the more points you give the other user, apparently. Oh well, can one of them count as mine? ;):D

Anyway, when I see that (a user with bad rep but who gives good advice), I just try to give them good rep for that post. If he gives enough good answers, he'll eventually get back into the green.

The more bars you have, the more points you give the other user, apparently. Oh well, can one of them count as mine? ;):D

Anyway, when I see that (a user with bad rep but who gives good advice), I just try to give them good rep for that post. If he gives enough good answers, he'll eventually get back into the green.

I am still not sure how I got and keep mine. I consider myself an argumentative pain in the ass around here most of the time! :p

That and I find troll hunting dam fun too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back