regarding FM radiodesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analog TV transmissions stop in a couple of months in the United States.
They stop in Canada in a couple of years.

Luckily the cable TV companies will convert the new digital transmissions to analog for old TVs. The few people with antennas can buy a digital to analog converter for their old TVs.

My son and my daughter have high definition TVs. They both have satellite receivers.

Remember when North American TVs had a "flesh-colour" correction circuit?
Apples and bananas were orange like over-saturated flesh colour.
Grass was blue like the sky.

Remember when North American TVs had a "flesh-colour" correction circuit?
Apples and bananas were orange like over-saturated flesh colour.
Grass was blue like the sky.
**broken link removed**
No, grass was blue like the Boise State football "turf".

well thank you RadioRon it cleared my doubts. i have attached two schematics one is active bandpass filter using opamp and the other one is second order butterworth BPF. I dont know how to choose the characteristic impedance for the filters and also not clear about the part played by the characteristic impedance. I know it takes care of the matching but i am interested in understanding little deeper. Can anybody help me in choosing appropriate circuit and clear my doubts.

Attachments

• active BPF.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 127
  • passive BPF.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 108
At 90 to 100MHz you will have to forgo an active filter and go with a passive RC design, or tuned amp as Ron suggested. Unless opamps have changed lately(Which may have happened), I don't think they are the best for RF. Poor Bandwidth, Noise Figure, and intermodulation distortion to name a few.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…