Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Locking Device into Sonic Switch Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakofoil

Can anyone help please.

I want to use a Remote locking device like you use to lock your car door to switch on and off a power supply to a small transmitter which is difficult to access once in place (Nesting Box).

Is it just a case of modifying the relay within the locking mechanism to just turn the power on and off instead of activating a door lock. If it is, could someone please help with a diagram, as usual size is important! Smaller the better please.

Another question is how easy is it to boost the RC frequency within the activator. I need a fairly long range and may not always have line of sight. What sort of obstacles would the signal pass through.

Thanks for any help

You could use a remote starter as your Transmitter and Reciever. The range on most is about 350 feet.
The only problem I see is the relay would have to stay on while the lock-out was operating. This could Potentially run your Battery Down unless you use some kind of toggle Flip Flop as a Relay switcher.
I will see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back