Remove bass signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackdaniel

Heya..

How can i remove "bass signals" from audio? I have a home theatre system powered by Tda2030a and Tl072 preamp., so when i turn up the bass those left and right channel satellite speakers get "overpounded"(i dont want bass from them) i connected the left and right channels to subwoofer as well but when i want more bass from subwfr i wont turn up, so how can i remove bass signals from left and right channels that are passed to satellite spkrs after preamp? Any simple idea? (I will give 10 points for best answer! )

If you can't be bothered doing a little research, then I can't be bothered providing you a circuit diagram.

google can't give a right solution nor a circuit.. So waiting for a good replay/circuit

Are you visually impaired? I first see this one where if you actually knew the frequency you wanted you get it done for about 10 bucks a channel. Unfortunately you just say "Bass" less a defined frequency. Oh wait, then I see these at about 3 bucks a channel. Oh wait, you want a circuit? How about what micrOman posted? That was a great video explaining a high pass filter in detail.

Maybe we should just build the things and send them to you? Would you like fries with that order?

Ron

mr.reloadron, what kind of capacitor should i use for c1? Electrolytic,ceramic,mylar?..

Last edited:
US$9.99 just for a resistor and a capacitor? Hmm i must try to build one myself rather than wasting $9.99 and if u cant help

what is the lowest frequency you wan't played before attenuation occurs (cutoff frequency)?

Last edited:
what is the lowest frequency you wan't played before attenuation occurs (cutoff frequency)?

hi microman, i tried to do it using a green capacitor (dnt know what kinda cap it is) rated 103, and could block bass,. Pls tell me that does it block other frequencies except bass.. Here is a pic of the cap which i used between preamp n power amp..

Attachments

• Screenshot0011.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 152
Give this a read. You want a high pass filter, the link shows a drawing. You use a simple Capacitor & Resistor for a simple passive version. What you are not doing is answering what cutoff frequency you want? The cutoff frequency determines the values of the components. A High Pass filter will pass the higher frequencies and attenuate the lower frequencies but you need to determine the cutoff? Just shoving a random cap in the audio path is not what you want to do. Note the resistor to ground. The formula for the Fc is 1 / 6.2831 (R*C).

P.S. There were also $3.00 and $5.00 versions.

Ron

hi ron, thank u and i could block bass using the capacitor i posted above and it works perfectly! And now all i want to know is what kinda capacitor it is.. (I give you and microman 10 points even if you both could't help me lol )

i connected the left and right channels to subwoofer as well
What kind of subwoofer? Do you have any specs for it.
If you do not know off the top of your head what frequency to cross over at, than you need to try and determan the frequency rang of your subwoofer. Something like 20hz to 200hz.
Only give the sub what it needs and pass the rest to the full rang speakers.
Andy

heya pyro, i meant to leave all the bass signals to subwoofer! And cut those signals from passing to satellite speakers..

heya pyro, i meant to leave all the bass signals to subwoofer! And cut those signals from passing to satellite speakers..
Jack; thats what I am talking about.
What is the rang of your sub?
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…