Repeating interval timer help ? urgent... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hi guys ,
I want to a project as follows :
When i press on switch the timer starts to glow led 10 minutes after 10 minutes it repeats again to glow led 30 minutes and thereafter 30 minutes.

Friends please help me... thanks in advanced.. ?

I think you need to rephrase your requirements. It's very confusing the way you stated it.

Ken

Timer help ?

Friends please help me to configure my projects ?
Friends I want to know what is the formula of time in ic 4060.
And if I want to repeat timer in 10 minutes, what value of resistance and capacitor will i put in this project. And how to remove all required values from formula?
For eg :
I want 20 minutes timer
so which value of resistance and capacitor will work...
I am working on this project : **broken link removed**
Please guys have a look and please suggest me the answer ?

thanks in advanced..

hi yusuf,
All the values are on that web link circuit.
The 4046 Fosc = 1/[2.3*[R6+R7]*C4]

Last edited:
Friend thank you very much !! but please give me a brief detail of how to remove values of resistor and capacitor according to timing .. please I am new in electronics and i couldn't understand on websites please explain me dear ?

thanks in advance

Friend thank you very much !! but please give me a brief detail of how to remove values of resistor and capacitor according to timing .. please I am new in electronics and i couldn't understand on websites please explain me dear ?

thanks in advance
hi,
R8 and R7 are connected in series, so the maximum value would be 370K ohms. The capacitor C4 is 10uF.

So Freq = 1 /[2.3 * 370k * 10uF] which is 0.117Hz
Use the variable resistor R7 to adjust the frequency.

The 4060 is a 14 stage binary divider, so by tapping off at the various output pins it will give the required high at the output times

EDIT:
to make the time periods shorter , lower the value of the 10uF [C4]

Last edited:
Thanks but at what value will i adjust R7..

R7 is a 220K variable resistor, turn the adjustment screw to make the R7 value lower, I would guess approx 100K should give 10 minutes.
You will have to make small adjustments until you get exactly 10 minutes

Ok ? but how I will guess a appropriate resistor value for 10 minutes . is there any formula .. or any else that i can configure for 10 or 1 hours ...
thanks

We have no idea.

Just adjust it until you get 10 minutes out of the timer. It's a variable resistor (potentiometer), so you just turn it until you get the desired time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…