Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacment Chip, is it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarod_C

First off I'm new at this so you can laugh if this is a dumb question, but I need to know before I try it.

If you look at the attachment there's a schematic of a guitar amp I'm trying to replicate. In the bottom left it shows the spec of the new chip.

Now for the question. Where it says +10v, and -10v does port 4 need to got to the other spot that says -10v, and port 8 to +10v?

1. Is this a mistake with the schematic?
2. It needs swiched?
3. It's fine, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks, these forums have helped me out.

Attachments

• plusorminus.jpg
    plusorminus.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 152
hi,
Looks right to me,
Whats the 'new' device type.

See this drawing.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll finish putting it together, and see if it works. I just didn't know if it was hooked up wrong if it would be a bad thing.

The "new" part isn't really new, just to me. The one in the amp I'm trying to replicate was a video IC part # RC4558P(hope that's right), and the new one JRC4558dx out of an old JVC stereo. I think the new one isn't going to be perfect, but I think it will work. But what do I know, this is the first time I've done a full project, not just replacing parts. :D

Edit: I read through my posts, and it makes it look like I know what I'm talking about. We'll have to wait untill my second question, and I'l prove otherwise.

Last edited:
Jarod_C said:
Thanks. I'll finish putting it together, and see if it works. I just didn't know if it was hooked up wrong if it would be a bad thing.

The "new" part isn't really new, just to me. The one in the amp I'm trying to replicate was a RC4558P(hope that's right), and the new one JRC4558dx out of an old JVC stereo. I think the new one isn't going to be perfect, but I think it will work. But what do I know, this is the first time I've done a full project, not just replacing parts. :D

hi,
If you have a query with ic parts, use www.datasheetarchive.com for the datasheet, it a free service. Just type the part number in the search box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back