Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require DC-DC converter 5V-500mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hello

Is there any low cost IC that can do this:

Vin : 7v to 18v dc
Vo : 5v dc @ 500mA
Isolation : 2kv

Or do i have to build something?

If anyone has any ideas,pointers , please share

Thanks and regards

Sparkfun has these kind of devices: SparkFun Electronics - Breadboard Power Supply 5V/3.3V
The product info didn't mention anything about max/min input voltage though..
They also provide schematics if you want to build it yourself.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the isolation requirement the first time I read your post.

Last edited:
You want **broken link removed** Isolated I/O but need to get one in the input range you have to work with. I would start with a Google of Cosel USA or Cosel Europe as I have no clue what your location is making suggesting a part a little difficult. Anyway, you just need a DC to DC converter with isolated in / out.

Ron

You want **broken link removed** Isolated I/O but need to get one in the input range you have to work with. I would start with a Google of Cosel USA or Cosel Europe as I have no clue what your location is making suggesting a part a little difficult. Anyway, you just need a DC to DC converter with isolated in / out.

Ron

Thanks Ron
That is really interesting.What could be the cost of this?
And yes i just need a DC-DC converter with isolated in / out.And was trying to find a really cheap solution.Or if couldn't be found---then design myself!
I am based in India

Thanks and regards

EDIT: I saw a pricing close to $15 which is extremely expensive :(

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be about right. They typically cost about $15 to $20 USD depending on the power needed. I use them and like them.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back