Residual Current

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibwev

In the circuit attached below, the led on RA5 will blink when pin RB4 is high. After reset with SW 2 closed and SW 1 open, the led does not blink (as expected). When I close SW 1, it will start to blink (as expected). However, when I open SW 1 it will continue blinking UNTIL I open SW 2. How can I prevent current from the relay from affecting pin RB 4 after SW 1 has cycled and SW 2 is closed?

Why do you use an AC relay, a Triac, an opto-coupler to switch the relay when a DC switching circuit would have worked more easily (since the AC circuit and the DC PSU for the PIC share a common ground)?

Why do you use an AC relay, a Triac, an opto-coupler to switch the relay when a DC switching circuit would have worked more easily?

The AC relay is part of an established circuit that I am attempting to control with the pic.

Would a varistor work for protecting the circuit from the inductance of the AC relay?

The one in the diagram is MOV-07D820K. Varistor voltage is 82 V and Maximum AC volts is 50, Max DC is 65 and energy is 5.5J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…