Reversing the Polarity on a Remote Control Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul240sx

Hey folks,
I recently purchased a training cord for my remote control transmitter for a flying object. However, for the cord to work, i need to reverse the polarities on the transmitter. Will changing the polarity affect the performance or damage the transmitter at all. Any tips on how to go about reversing the polarities?

Thanks

I assume you are talking about the logic signal (i.e., positive or negative pulse), and not the battery polarity in the transmitter. Do not change the battery in the transmitter. At best, it will not work because of protection diodes. If the diodes are not there, there will be damage.

As for the logic pulse, some transmitters can be changed easily; others cannot be changed. Check the user manual. The learner cord, however, may work with either. To answer those questions, you need to provide more information (brand and model) about the transmitters, cord, and receiver you are using. Do you have the operating manuals for the transmitters?
John

The transmitter im using controls an X-UFO flying machine...it uses a FM transmitter operating on 27.045 Mhz. I just found out that i could also reverse the polarity on the trainer cord as well. The cord is for a USB connection and is the PCTx model. any ideas on going about this?
thanks

I am afraid the additional information you provide doesn't make much sense to me now. In your original post, it appeared you were asking about changing what is usually referred to as "shift" (i.e., some transmitters encode with positive shift, some use negative) and had just misused the the term "polarity" to describe that difference. It appeared you wanted to use a transmitter with one shift for the student, which would be connected to another transmitter with the other shift for the instructor, which might be possible depending on the specific designs. Remember, the trainer cord bypasses the RF section of one of the transmitters. Many, if not almost all, of the newer transmitters and receivers can be set up for either shift. HOWEVER, the shift had nothing to do with the trainer cord per se. The cord is simply a passive device for interconnecting the control signals from one transmitter box to another, and so long as the plugs and pin-outs were correct, the cord worked. I have never seen a cord that reverses the shift, but that is not to say there isn't one somewhere. Your new post still uses "polarity" in a way that makes me think you may actually be thinking of changing DC polarity, particularly when you refer to what is usually a passive device that can change the "polarity."

At this point, you need to refer to the manufacturer, manuals, or someone who has actually dealt with your specific system. Good luck.

i think you were right in the first post. I am talking about the logic reversal and not the power supply.

Does any of this make a little bit more sense?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…