Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF activated Timer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisshortys

Hay guys im looking at building a RF based circuit which uses one remote to activate timers on several different timers. I have a few different concerns.
Firstly i have never used RF before so im looking for some guidance. Im planning on using a PIC programed in basic pro to drive the circuits and the first question is how easy is it to use RF to activate circuits with a PIC?
Also if this is do able then would it be easy to use a transciever on both ends to do a "status" on the remote circuits?

Also im new to using LCD displays and im just wandering if theres anything other than the PIC with its usual coding and the LCD display which you need to display characters?

Cheers Chris

Use some RF modules, the frequency you require will depend on what's legal in your area but you haven't filled in your location so we don't know.

Ok well im from England but I'm going to be taking these out to the Neitherlands to be used.
Would Somthing like this http://www.radiometrix.co.uk/products/ntx2nrx2.htm

My main concern is how you communicate over RF. What type of signals do you use from a PIC or do you need a chip to convert etc?

Check my tutorial about RF modules, or you could buy modules with encoding/decoding already built-in, which work in a similar way.

Hay guys im looking at building a RF based circuit which uses one remote to activate timers on several different timers. I have a few different concerns.
Firstly i have never used RF before so im looking for some guidance. Im planning on using a PIC programed in basic pro to drive the circuits and the first question is how easy is it to use RF to activate circuits with a PIC?
Also if this is do able then would it be easy to use a transciever on both ends to do a "status" on the remote circuits?

Also im new to using LCD displays and im just wandering if theres anything other than the PIC with its usual coding and the LCD display which you need to display characters?

Cheers Chris

It would be helpful if we knew at what distance you will need to operate these timers and how many there are.

Check my tutorial about RF modules, or you could buy modules with encoding/decoding already built-in, which work in a similar way.

I checked the tutorials and whilst they look very informative im trying to stick with programing in basic pro rather than using assemberly.

As for range its going to be in the region of 100-500m i think.

Im planning on have one "remote" and 5 satelite devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back