RF Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a good online tutorial for RF cicruits. I have recently gotten interested in electronics and I would like to begin with RF, hovever, I do not even know where to start. Any tutorials or any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if RF is the easiest place to start? Maybe some basics first?

I'm not the person to ask. I'm more of microcontroller-oriented than a radio. What I said earlier was about all I have to offer

DO you know basic things like op-amps, filters, and amplifiers?

I don't know much about op-amps, filters or amplifiers, but I do know about capacitors, resistors, transistors, diodes, and a few other basics...

If you have any information or links about op-amps, or the other things you mentioned that you would recommend, I would greatly appreciate them... I am always trying to learn everything that I can about the field of electronics.

Here's a ton of stuff on op-amps and their filters, amplifiers, etc.

**broken link removed**

Of course, not necessarily all of it is useful for signals at radio frequencies.

I suggest you try and find an RAE (Radio Amateurs Examination) course you can attend - this should help you a lot.

If you live in Canada or the U.S., get a book titled, "Getting Started in Electronics", by Forrest Mims. It is usually available at almost any Radio Shack. Mims' book starts with the basics in a cartoon sort of way and takes you right up through digital. There are several "Experimenter's Handbooks" which are a kind of adjunct to the "GSE". Also, try trade schools for old copies of electronics text books and math books. Good luck!

One pathway to learning RF is via amateur radio though one could argue that many licensed amateurs have very limited knowledge of RF. RF is probably not a good place to begin if your intent is to have a good working knowledge of electronics. Because electronics is such a large field it does help to have a specific area of interest - and you've identified that. You might consider obtaining an amateur license. The study will hit on some of the basics and allow you to use what you might build or modify.

QRP is the radio amateur's way of describing low power. While QRP can and is being done with expensive, complicated equipment it seems that QRP enthusiasts often build their own equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…