Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF, I have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any way I know if ta antenna to receive anything?

Hook a working receiver to it :D

I was testing similar modules recently, and I have a Scanner receiver that I can program to 433.92MHz. I also have a signal generator that outputs AM on 433.92. I also have a 50Ω dummy load and a RF Power meter which I own.

I used **broken link removed** and **broken link removed**. I did not use a commercial encoder/decoder. I used a PIC as the encoder and as the decoder. For power savings, I woke up the RX from a dead start once every 2 sec. Notice the extremely low power requirement for this RX.

I was able to get ~100m range with half-wave dipole antennas.

your antenna is a piece of bare wire?

It is a center-fed 1/2λ dipole consisting of two 1/4λ "bare" wires. One side goes to the TX output pin, the other side goes to the TX ground pin. Both TX and RX must be the same polarization, either horizontal or vertical. If cross-polarized, there is a 20db loss of fade margin.

I may not do to communicate because I lack this antenna ... = \
I dont think antennas is your problem. I'm beginning to think your RX is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back