RF Tranceivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowinu

hi guys,

i got to know that in a tranciever , the transmitter and receiver can't work simultanously , is it true or not ?

thanks
crowinu

crowinu said:
hi guys,

i got to know that in a tranciever , the transmitter and receiver can't work simultanously , is it true or not ?

thanks
crowinu

It depends exactly what it is, but generally it's true, this is known as 'half-duplex', both transmitting and receiving at the same time is MUCH more difficult, usually requiring widely spaced frequencies, and is called 'full-duplex'.

what can i do to eliminate this problem ? any ready made full duplex tranceiver modules ?

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do?.

well i was going to use it in my final year project. i need it to have a wireless control on my robot. used for comunication with pc, i.e. sending/receiving data from pc

i was gonna use this : **broken link removed** (trxq1)

using half duplex isn't that big a deal. you just have to handle the case where the other guy is transmitting and with a properly designed protocol you can leiminate a lot of that any way.

one other approach is to use a transceiver chip like the nRF2401 or cc2500 series which supports burst mode. Then your xceivers have a much lower chance of stepping on each other. the cc2500 is a modem as well which means you don't have to implement a codec. it uses SPI, even for data so its really easy to use. You can scrounge them out of certain wireless xbox controllers for pretty cheap.

what type of protocol you suggest ? i was going to use the serial rs-232 protocoo!

@philba : i never worked with tranceivers, is a modem more easeier to use and if yes y ? links you gave me are chips whihc i dont like to use since my main project is on controlling of the robot and note wirless connection ?!

Either use modules with in-built coding, or add Manchester coding before and after the modules - check my tutorials for details.

ok thanks, i'll give a look and give a feedback 10x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…