Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ringing of forward converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticET

Hi i have a problem with this circuit:

wdtot.jpg

on output of the first transformer (OUT1) i measure an important ringing in corrispondence of the closing of the mos as in figure.

wdonde.jpg

The problem is that i want to measure a DC voltage of 4 Volts (result of transformer ratio) where i draw a red arrow (OUT4), but i measure the voltage given by the peaks of the square wave.

The switch is controlled by microcontroller: when open through an A/D tre micro reads 0 of pull-down 10k resistor, when closed 7.5 Volts.

I tried to solve the problem putting a SNUBBER circuit on primary of both transformers but it doesn't delete the disturbance.

How can I do in order to avoid this problem?

--es1d--

I've just tried with snubber on primary (it didn't solve the problem), but i've not try with only a diode. Which kind of diode you think is the better choice?

1n4007 (1n4004, 1n4005, 1n4006)

I try your advise but it doesn't solve the problem....

Tha waveform on the Drain of the mos, so on the primary winding of the transformer, is quite good and doesn't show any oscillation.
So i put the probe on the cathode of the diode of recovery winding and there is a little oscillation that becomes bigger on the secondary.

I try to make some simulations and i noticed that i can replicate this behaviour if i put a capacitor (200-300pF) in parallel with this diode....:confused:

Any idea? PCB? Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back