Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Safety Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreover, CO2 at relatively low levels stimulates the respiratory system to hyperventilate. That is discomforting in itself, and if continued can lead to respiratory alkalosis, which is quite dangerous.

hi,
As a side issue, which I am sure you are aware of, carbon monoxide does not stimulate the respiratory system, so a person is unaware of the danger until its too late and they passout.

BTW: I would also opt for the fire extinguisher being used onboard.:)

Last edited:
I for one would support the banning of CO2. Don't hold your breath though.
Sure. All you need to do is ban the use of all hydrocarbon fuels and coal. Piece of cake. Of course the increase in the use of horses to replace all the cars could lead to another kind of odoriferous pollution.

hi,
As a side issue, which I am sure you are aware of, carbon monoxide does not stimulate the respiratory system, so a person is unaware of the danger until its too late and they passout.
That's true. But are you confusing carbon monoxide (CO) with carbon dioxide (CO2)?

That's true. But are you confusing carbon monoxide (CO) with carbon dioxide (CO2)?

No I am not.:)

Carbon Monoxide CO, is colourless and odourless.

Last edited:
All you need to do is ban the use of all hydrocarbon fuels and coal. Piece of cake. Of course the increase in the use of horses to replace all the cars could lead to another kind of odoriferous pollution.

Interesting concept. Consider this: horses eat hay, which is cellulosic. That is, like sugars C6H12O6. In other words, the carbon is partially oxidized already. Now, assume your horsey converts that to energy by oxidative metabolism (you hope). That gives C02!

It is somewhat less efficient than a good IC engine overall, and in terms of CO2/BTU* is considerably more (i.e., bad) than a good engine burning a fully reduced fuel like gasoline or diesel. So much for horse sense. :D It will make the "problem" worse for the same amount of power.

John

*Almost wrote horsepower, but I know how you Brits like your units.

Last edited:
Interesting concept.
John
*Almost wrote horsepower, but I know how you Brits like your units.

hi John,
Horsepower is good, I'm comfortable with 33,000 ft-lbs/min.;)

An American researcher recently did a 'carbon footprint' calculation for the American Cheesburger,,,
its a staggering 200 million metric tonnes of CO2 per annum.

He did a full audit of all it takes to produce the burgers.!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back