Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saving a sound file onto an IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through the datasheet.. this chip is only for recording from a mic correct? not a PC
Just feed the output of the sound card into the mic input of the chip via an attenuator.

kchriste said:
Just feed the output of the sound card into the mic input of the chip via an attenuator.

I would therefore need to find my sound cards output impedance to configure the attenuator correct?

I have tried to find its :eek:hm: in system/hardware/device manager but could not.

Is there a standard output for sound cards.. its integrated stock output from the motherboard.

Peter_wadley said:
I would therefore need to find my sound cards output impedance to configure the attenuator correct?

No you don't need to know, essentially it's a line output and has a fairly low impedance (in fact, as they can feed headphones, it's even lower than most line outputs)

I have tried to find its :eek:hm: in system/hardware/device manager but could not.

Is there a standard output for sound cards.. its integrated stock output from the motherboard.

No need, it's not needed to make an attenuator - all you need is a simple series resistor - try something like 470K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back