Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for tube radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the simpler side of things (to understand) there are two approaches to consider - a simple diode or crystal radio with a one tube audio amplifier following - that could be more than one stage. Another approach might be to use the tube to amplify the RF prior to the detector (diode) stage. A tube with several sections might be used to do both - a tuned rf stage followed by amplification of the detected audio. I mention these as alternatives though the regen approach seems most popular.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your interest.
I just don't quite see the advantage of PLL over other circuits, yet.
Maybe their advantage is that they can be used for many purposes.

John :)

john1 said:
Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your interest.
I just don't quite see the advantage of PLL over other circuits, yet.
Maybe their advantage is that they can be used for many purposes.

Again, you don't mention any circuits that you are thinking about?, but for a simple example - how about digital tuning of a radio?. It allows you to enter the exact frequency required, and it gives crystal controlled accuracy - something no other variable tuning system can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back