school time

Status
Not open for further replies.

omatic

hey there I have one Q what is a diode and how do you use it in a 12v sistem to turn on a light but not to put the 12v back in the sistem of a car??
:wink:

Hi,

A diode is a component, ehich allows current to flow in one direction.

The diode conducts when forward biased, that is when current direction is from +ve to -ve of a diode.

A diode is reverse biased when the opposite is done.
Try to google for Basic electronics. You will get lot of info.

Take care...
Bye

Make sure the diode is large enough for the current you are going to send through it. 12V car batteries have a lot of amps.

What are you trying to do on your car, more info will help everyone help you.

Thank you for the info. I have been buzy latley and havent been back for some time..What I'm trying to do is to work lights and outher things that already exist on the truck without sending a surge back to the computer that controls the truck because it is a negive trigger sistem ..Does that make any sense ?? Ok try this...to turn the back up lights on at the back of the truck without sending power back to the switch on the traney and possibly causing damage to the system...How and what would the best way to do this????----OMATIC----

Last edited:
Aha, but bad spelling has excuse depending what country you are from. Using bad slang and shorthand everywhere has no excuse though!

dknguyen said:
Aha, but bad spelling has excuse depending what country you are from.

That's why it's important to fill your location in!, if they don't enter their location we can only assume English is their first language?, and the poster has no excuse!.

yeah when i get in a hurry i dont look at what I'm typing in fear of forgetting what it was I wanted to say ...and over here all i get interrupted all the time...do you under stand that????

How about answering my original question now, instead of just ragging on my spelling and grammar???

I would greatly appreciate an answer...thank you.

Last edited:
omatic said:
do you under stand that????

hury?????
tiping?????
forgiting?????
Wase?????
enterped?????
sayed?????
No, we don't understand because you don't use English words.

Yeah, use English words. Your use of made-up words without punctuation makes us readers work much harder which is the worst thing for a writer to do (plus it is discourteous and insulting). Maybe this is a generational thing, you know, youngster vs oldster, but I think the use of such "language" by someone who was educated in English language schools makes one look rather ignorant. This is unless you are posting from a cellphone, in which case my comments do not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…