Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
HiTech, hopefully with the image shift I mentioned earlier in this post "burn in" will not be an issue.

I don't specifically recall a "math board" in that one, but we didn't see too many of that Logic Set come through for repair. Wouldn't surprise me a bit (get it??) though. The Atari AVG logic sets were all doing 16-bit math at 12MHz, remember the mighty 2901s on them? With the state machines for them decoded from bipolar PROM? Battlezone, Red Baron, Tempest.. all had essentially the same mathbox.

Not like the mathbox on the Atari games, this was a strange critter. It was an analog gizmo, bunch of op-amps and bilateral switches and whatnot. It was hooked to the processor with a ribbon cable and to the XY monitor with analog connections. It was too complicated to be like the stroke generators in Cinematronics monitors, I think it was probably worked like that scope clock circle generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back