Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR Gating Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedmonds

Dear Forum,
I am trying to figure out how much current to pulse an SCR gate with to turn it on?
It is a BT152-600R,127 20A SCR. The spec sheet says 32 mA max gate current, but does not list a minimum current. In another application, it appears that the gate is being pulsed with ~5x the max spec sheet current. Does anyone know how to do this, or is it not critical?
Thanks!
Mike
:eek:

Peak and Peak may not be the same thing.
From page 1 the peak gate current is 5A. That is the drop dead current.

From page 2 the gate trigger current is typically 3mA but it could be as high as 32mA and it could take as little as ?mA to trigger the gate.

In other words a 3mA gate current will trigger 50% of the parts. A gate current of 32mA will trigger 100% of the parts. In production I would hit it with 60mA.

There will be some parts that are happy with 1mA

Some conditions on some parts.... the SCR triggering current is based on the effective Gate Cathode resistant AT LOAD CONDITIONS.

Thanks guys!
I was trying to figure things out from a consolidated data sheet on the digikey website. It helps to have all of the data!
Best regards!
Mike
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back