Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sequential switch design needed please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris - sorry for any unpleasantness. I guess I'm not always very good at understanding the sensitivities of people from different cultures!

I'm sure Boncuk will be pleased you've selected his design. (I'm assuming Boncuk is a 'he'? Apologies if not!)

Hi rogs,

I guess our cultures are not far apart. :)

I'm a German just happening to live 100deg of longitude to the East (Thailand).

I don't mind if Chris selects any other solution. From my point of view and according to my abilities I just selected that one.

Besides that I don't need a long time to create a PCB design with the schematics on mind. That particular design took me half an hour (without "cosmetic" corrections).

And yes, I'm a "he".

Cheers

Boncuk

So just one more question Boncuk,the main problem I've been having with the electronic latches I've built so far (555s) is guaranteeing they always power up in their off state,I've cracked it now with a capacitor connected to ground and resistor to supply both on the reset pin.Is your design definately going to power up every time in the everything off state?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

there is no reason to worry about power up status of the "switches".

The debouncer circuit is forced low by R2 resulting in a H at the output of IC1A, inverted to L at the output of IC1B which feeds the clock input of IC2A. Set and Reset pins (IC2A and B) are tied to ground and there is no chance for the chip to change levels.

Level change occurs as soon as the momentary switch is closed, thus initiating switching sequence.

In that case IC1 takes care of power up reset.

Boncuk

Hi Chris, I think this is a simple design, no really sure, not really sure it will work, but it seems to work on spice. I used P FETs instead of relays also, but for got to add protective diodes as a just in case.
Any comments or corrections from others are welcome and it'll be a good circuit for all.
I can't draw you a circuit board design because I usually use perf boards.
Kinarfi

Attachments

• DIVIDE BY 4 FLIP FLOP.asc
    4 KB · Views: 161
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips