Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Series capacitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose doesn't mean it will stand up in court either.

This is the sort of patent I would gladly ignore and risk someone trying to sue me.

I wonder what the US patent office is doing.

With 20% turnover/yr I guess they are abusing their patent examiners. I lasted three years until I got a boss straight out of a Dilbert cartoon.

Did I mention that capacitive reactance is at right angles to the resistance of the LEDs?

The patented night light has ordinary LEDs with different colours in series. They do not separately fade and brighten each colour with an IC like the rainbow LEDs.

I'm trying to do something related to this topic.

I want to do something similar to this with a maximum of about 50 LEDs. I'm hoping to get about 168 lumens.

Circuit - AC Powered White LED Strings

I'm thinking to use water white LEDs 4000MCD and 60 degrees.

Approximate luminous flux: 3.367 lumens each LED.

4volts at 30 ma is 0.12w. 50X = 6 watts.

Lumens efficiency is 3.367 / 0.12 = 28 lumens/watt = 168 total lumens

I also found something similar.

**broken link removed**

My question is does this type of circuit work with dimmers such as:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back