Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short-protected H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

Thanks again for the input.

My motor isnt a very demanding one. It draws 150 mA at 12V (the website from which I bought the device www.voti.nl stated so). The "datasheet" can be found here: https://www.shokaifareast.com/Products/Pots/motorized.htm

doughy83: Your circuit works fine too in my simulator. I am wondering about the resistor values tho. Why should they be this low (the 47R)? In my simulator 1k works perfectly fine there. Else there's too much wasted current for my 150 mA motor.
I'd like to have almost no wasted current to be able to just use normal transistors. Is this possible?

Is there a cheap IC that will do this job just as nice? :)

Hello,

Check out the L298 (or similar) which is an H bridge driver chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back